Visiting the dentist may not be the most exciting thing you do every 6 months, but it doesn’t have to be a pain either. When you prepare for your dentist appointment and go into it with the right mindset, you’ll feel better about taking an hour out of your day for your oral health. To help you, we have five tips for a successful dentist appointment.
- Confirm the Appointment- Missing a dentist appointment can mess up your schedule or subject you to a fee, so you might want to consider calling ahead of time and confirming the date and time with the receptionist.
- Update Your Information- If there have been any changes to your address, your insurance, or your medical history since your last appointment, it’s important to inform your dentist’s office about them.
- Brush and Floss Thoroughly- A dental cleaning will go by a lot faster and smoother if you make sure to brush your teeth well and floss before your appointment. If you have to be somewhere before your appointment, bring your toothbrush and floss with you.
- Communicate Openly- Be open with your dentist and dental hygienist about any pain, discomfort, or concerns you have. The more honest you are, the better they will be able to help you.
- Manage Your Anxiety- If you get anxious about going to the dentist, try to find some anxiety management techniques that work for you. You could try breathing exercises, distracting yourself, or eating a high-protein snack.
Contact us at the office of Kenneth R. Russell DDS to schedule your dentist appointment.