At the dental office of Kenneth R. Russell DDS in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, we are always investing in the newest technologies when they result in more comfort and a better outcome for our patients. We have added BIOLASE Epic™ and Waterlase™ technologies to our service offerings. These are gentle laser treatment alternatives that can be used to perform many dental procedures, particularly those meant to treat periodontal disease and address other soft tissue concerns. There are several benefits involved with laser dentistry.
- Reduced anxiety- When you know that your treatment will be less invasive, you’ll be able to feel less anxiety about your visit.
- Reduced infection risk- Treatments performed with laser dentistry have a reduced risk of bacterial infection.
- Reduced damage to nearby tissue- With laser dentistry, we can pinpoint the area to be treated and reduce the chance of damage to surrounding tissue.
- Reduced bleeding- In many cases, there isn’t any of the blood that would be involved with a traditional scalpel method.
- Reduced need for anesthesia- Many dental treatments can be done with laser dentistry without the need for anesthesia.
- Reduced trauma to your teeth- Some procedures can put stress on your teeth, but with laser dentistry, that trauma is reduced or even eliminated.